Whisky bottles being manufactured at the North British Bottle Works in Old Shettleston Road, 1904.
These works were built in 1904 for the North British Bottle Manufacturing Co and a furnace house was added in 1912-1913. The company later changed name, becoming the United Glass Co. The bottle works closed in 1983.
Reference: 620.84.43 / PP.1984.48
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
bottle blowing, bottle factories, bottle manufacturers, glass manufacturers, North British Bottle Manufacturing Co, North British Bottle Works, Scotch whisky bottles, United Glass Co