Well-dressed men and women boarding a train at Copland Road Subway Station, 1912.
The Glasgow District Subway opened in 1896, and provided a 6.5 miles circular underground railway serving the city centre and suburbs. Until 1901, there was a flat fare of one penny for journeys to any of the fifteen stations on the system.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Glasgow District Subway, Glasgow Underground, subway stations, subway trains