Ward Hill Farm c 1830. The farm was located in South Nitshill near Woodfoot Road. A barefoot boy is lounging in the foreground.
The watercolour is one of a series which show buildings and landscapes on the Pollok Estate. The paintings were by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family which owned the estate.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
boys, children, cows, farmhouses, farms, Pollok Estate, Ward Hill Farm, watercolours