A view from Partick Bridge Street, looking north across Partick Cross to Byres Road. The photograph was taken by Alf Daniel in 1955.
In 1955 Partick Camera Club set out to create a photographic survey of Glasgow. As the project progressed, other camera clubs joined and each was allocated a district of the city to photograph. Glasgow Museums exhibited the photographs at Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and at the People's Place, and in 1956 the exhibition was shown at the Palace of Art in Bellahouston Park. The photographs are now part of Glasgow Museums' collections.
Reference: 1005.97.269 / OG.1955.121.
Reproduced with the permission of Partick Camera Club
Bayne & Duckett, Glasgow Photographic Survey 1955, Partick Cross Mansions, police boxes, public houses, pubs, shoe shops, shops, streetscenes, tenements