A banner made for the Lodge Union and Crown No 103 of Bridgeton.
This banner was presented to the masonic lodge by "Lady Friends" on 24 March 1899 and is decorated with thistles on either side of a crown, below clasped hands and the All Seeing Eye. The lodge had been established in 1766, one of two founded in Glasgow in that year.
Reference: 41.85.326 / PP.1985.202
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
All Seeing Eye, banners, clasped hands, crowns, eyes, freemasonry, freemasons, Lodge Union and Crown No 103, symbols, thistles, women