The 1/7th (Blythswood) Battalion Highland Light Infantry leaving their headquarters in Main Street, Bridgeton, November 1915. The battalion served with the 52nd (Lowland) Infantry Division at Gallipoli and in Egypt, Palestine, France and Belgium during the First World War.
In 1920 a Celtic cross was erected on Glasgow Green in memory of the members of the battalion who fell in the First World War.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
1/7th (Blythswood) Battalion Highland Light Infantry, 7th Highland Light Infantry, bagpipes, First World War, HLI, kilts, kitbags, military parades, pipe bands, rifles, soldiers