A Merryweather motor pump in the Old Back Court, Springburn District Fire Station, 1906.
The Glasgow Fire Brigade purchased this, their first motor pump, in 1906. Previously all the Brigade's pumps had been steam powered. The purchase was accompanied by those of a turntable ladder and a Wolsely car.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
fire engines, firefighting, firemen, Glasgow Fire Brigade, Merryweather & Son, motor pumps, Springburn District Fire Station, turntable ladders