Coplawhill tram depot's smithy c 1910, where metalwork was made for the city's trams.
Glasgow Corporation Tramways was proud of its self-sufficiency. Unlike many other municipal tramway companies it built its own tram cars, laid the tracks and generated the electricity required for the system at Pinkston Power Station and five other sub-stations.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
blacksmiths, Coplawhill tram depot, Glasgow Corporation Tramways, smithies, trams, transport