Caledonia Road United Presbyterian Church at the junction of Caledonia Road and Cathcart Road, 1975.
The church was the first designed by Alexander "Greek" Thomson and was built 1856-1857. It subsequently became Caledonia Road United Free and in 1924 the congregation united with Hutchesontown UF as Hutchesontown and Caledonia Road UF.
The building was sold to Glasgow Corporation in 1963 but seriously damaged by fire in 1965. Only the tower and the porticoed facade of this A-listed building remain standing.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Caledonia Road United Free Church, Caledonia Road United Presbyterian Church, campaniles, church towers, churches, fires, Hutchesontown and Caledonia Road United Free Church, porticos, streetscenes