Queen's Park United Presbyterian Church on Langside Avenue, 1875.
Completed in 1869, this was the fourth and final church designed by Alexander "Greek" Thomson to be built in Glasgow. It subsequently became Queen's Park East United Free Church and then, in 1929, Queen's Park St George's.
The church was destroyed by an incendiary bomb dropped by a German warplane in March 1943. The ruins were demolished. There are two copies of this photograph on the website - see the caption attached to the second image for more information.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
bombers, churches, fires, incendiary bombs, Queen's Park East United Free Church, Queen's Park St George's Parish Church, Queen's Park United Presbyterian Church, Second World War