The University of Glasgow's Rankine Engineering Building in Oakfield Avenue, 1970.
The building was designed by Keppie, Henderson & Partners, who were also responsible for the adjacent Stevenson Building, the James Watt South Building, the Davidson Building and the extension to the Glasgow University Union. It opened in 1969 as the new home to the Departments of Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
W J Macquorn Rankine was Professor of Civil Engineering from 1855 to 1873.
Reference: Glasgow University Archive Services, PHU21/5
University of Glasgow
engineering, Keppie, Henderson & Partners, professors, Rankine Building, Rankine Engineering Building, University of Glasgow buildings