Allan & Ferguson's views (1843) of St Jude's and St Mary's Episcopal churches and of Woodside Crescent.
St Jude's Episcopal Church in West George Street was designed by the architect John Stephen and built 1838-1839. It became St Jude's House and, in the 1990s, the Malmaison Hotel. St Mary's Episcopal Church was built on the east side of Renfield Street in the 1820s. In 1874 the congregation moved to a new church building on Great Western Road, which became St Mary's Cathedral.
Woodside Crescent was laid out by the architect George Smith in the 1830s. This view is from the south at Charing Cross, looking to the top of the hill where the crescent turns west into Woodside Terrace.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-y.14
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
chapels, churches, horses and carriages, hotels, Malmaison, restaurants, Scottish Episcopal Church, St Jude's Episcopal Church, St Jude's House, St Mary's Episcopal Church, streetscenes