Allan & Ferguson's views (1843) of the Glasgow Union Bank in Virginia Street, the Glasgow, Paisley & Greenock Railway bridge over King (now Kingston) Street in Tradeston, and the Hunterian Museum in the University of Glasgow's grounds off High Street.
The Glasgow, Paisley & Greenock Railway opened in 1841 serving the two towns in its title from Glasgow, and providing an important connection with steamer services from Greenock. The bridge was designed by the renowned civil engineer Joseph Locke and built by David Lyon, to carry the final stretch of track to the terminus at Bridge Street, and what appears to be a part of the station appears on the right of the image.
The line was extended across the River Clyde in 1879 to the Caledonian Railway Co's new Central Station. Bridge Street Station closed when Central Station was enlarged and remodelled at the turn of the century.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-y.14
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
banks, Bridge Street Station, Caledonian Railway Co, Central Station, Central Station Bridge, Glasgow Union Bank, Glasgow, Paisley & Greenock Railway, Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock & Ayr Railway, Greenock & Ayr Railway, Hunterian Museum, railway bridges, railway stations, railways, steam locomotives, trains, University of Glasgow