W R Mainds' watercolour sketch showing a horse and cart and people going about their business at the eastern end of Rottenrow, 1891.
The thatch-roofed building in the background contains a confectioner's and a coal merchant's premises. The Robertson Memorial Church is on the right. The street lamps were lit by gas.
Reference: Sp Coll Bh12-x.3
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
church spires, churches, coal merchants, confectioner's shops, horses and carts, Robertson Memorial Church, street lighting, streetscenes, thatched roofs, women