A view of the Tolbooth Steeple looking north from Glasgow Cross along High Street, c 1900.
The seven storey tower was erected 1625-1627. The Tolbooth itself (visible on the left) was rebuilt in 1814 and demolished in 1921. The Tolbooth Steeple now stands in splendid isolation at the foot of High Street.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e190
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
etchings, spires, steeples, Tolbooth Steeple, towers