Cells in the South Prison in the basement of the Justiciary Buildings at the foot of Saltmarket, 1909. The 122 cells were included in the building, which opened in 1812 and held Glasgow's High Court and (until 1842) Sheriff Court, and relieved overcrowding in the thirty-two cells available at the Tolbooth.
Reference: GC 941.435 OLD
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
gaols, High Courts, jails, Justiciary Buildings, prison cells, prisons, Sheriff Courts