Wellpark Occupational Centre on the corner of Sydney and Wellpark Streets in Bellgrove.
This Italianate building opened in 1867 as a Free Church School known as the Wellpark Institute. It has been suggested that it was designed by the architect James Thomson(1835-1905). The building had fallen into disrepair by the time this photograph was taken in the early 1970s and it was abandoned in 1987. However, in 1996 it was restored and re-opened as the Wellpark Enterprise Centre, intended to provide a centre of excellence for women's enterprise and business development in Scotland.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/7/141
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
church schools, Enterprise Centres, Free Church of Scotland, Wellpark Enterprise Centre, Wellpark Institute, Wellpark Occupational Centre