Victoria Drive Secondary School on the corner of Larchfield Avenue and Queen Victoria Drive in Scotstoun, 1970s. It was designed for the Govan Parish School Board by the architects Kerr & Watson and opened in 1909.
Victoria Drive was originally a Higher Grade School. In the first years of secondary education in the area under the control of the Govan Parish School Board it did not have great success in keeping pupils in education beyond primary level: in 1886 only 315 out of 10,000 pupils at the Board's schools progressed to secondary level.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/6/116
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Govan Parish School Board, Higher Grade Schools, Kerr & Watson, secondary schools, Victoria Drive Higher Grade School, Victoria Drive Secondary School