A 1970s photograph of the Ashley Street (Albany) Annexe of Woodside Secondary School, which became the home of the Glasgow Gaelic School (Bunsgoil Ghaidhlig Ghlaschu) in April 2000.
This Renaissance style villa was probably built by H & D Barclay in 1875 and originally housed the Albany Academy. There are medallions of Dante (left) and Homer (right) on either side of the main entrance.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/5/99
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning