Elder Park Primary School on Kenneth Drive in Govan, 1970s.
The Govan Parish School Board built Elder Park Public School in 1898 for pupils from the new residential area under development south of Langlands Road. The new school eased overcrowding at the large Fairfield Public School in Fairfield Street.
Elder Park was designed by Bruce & Hay and contained twenty-one classrooms with space for 1,322 children. It was opened on 18 August 1899 by Reverend John Smith, the Chairman of the Board.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/3/52
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Bruce & Hay, Elder Park Primary School, Elder Park Public School, Govan Parish School Board, primary schools