Red Road in Petershill, looking south on 3 March 1925.
Glasgow Corporation developed Red Road between 1925 and 1927 and laid out streets in Balornock, to the north west of this country road. Red Road became famous in the 1960s, when Europe's highest multi-storey flats were built there.
Reference: D-OPW 76/18/2
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
farms, fields, Red Road flats, streetscenes