A photograph of Scotstoun Primary School, built in 1905 on Earlbank Avenue for the Renfrew Landward School Board. The building differs from those built by the Glasgow School Board in many respects, notably in the inclusion of its distinctive towers.
Scotstoun remained outwith the city's boundaries until 1926, when it was annexed to provide land for Glasgow Corporation's planned new housing estates.
Reference: T-ED 5/29/3/64
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
annexations, Glasgow Corporation, Glasgow School Board, Renfrew Landward School Board, school playgrounds, schools, Scotstoun Primary School, towers