The photograph for this postcard of Cardonald Parish Church is thought to have been taken in the late 1920s, as it shows the east aisle, added in 1925, along with the west aisle, built in 1899. Originally part of the Presbytery of Paisley, the church was transferred to the Presbytery of Glasgow in 1929 following the extension of the city boundaries to include Cardonald three years earlier.
Situated at 2141 Paisley Road West, Cardonald Parish Church was dedicated in 1889. The architect was Peter MacGregor Chalmers, this being the first of many designed by him for the Church of Scotland. A fairly modest building, it has been enhanced over the years by the addition of several notable stained glass windows. The church halls, built in 1940, have provided a base for the 44th Glasgow Company of the Boys' Brigade.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
44th Glasgow Company, Boys' Brigade, Cardonald Parish Church, church halls, Church of Scotland, churches, stained glass windows