This postcard, thought to date from around 1908, shows the office of the Evening Citizen at 24 St Vincent Place. A feature of the building is the clock tower on the right.
Designed by T L Watson with the assistance of W J Anderson, the Renaissance-style building was one of the first in Glasgow to use red sandstone. It opened in 1889 to house the offices and printing works of the Evening Citizen, the first of Glasgow's three evening newspapers, which ceased publication in 1974.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
clock towers, Evening Citizen, evening newspapers, newspapers, red sandstone, Renaissance