Also known as Prince's Theatre Royal and Prince's Opera House, the Prince's Theatre opened at 100 West Nile Street in 1849, on the site of the former Royal Victoria Horse Bazaar. Owned and managed by Edmund Glover, it presented a programme of music, opera and drama. Mrs Stirling, featured on this playbill, was at the height of her fame in a long acting career when she appeared at the Prince's Theatre.
The theatre closed in 1867 when the site was taken by Hengler's Circus.
Reference: Mitchell Library, Theatre Collection
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
drama, Hengler's Circus, music, opera, Prince's Opera House, Prince's Theatre, Prince's Theatre Royal, Royal Victoria Horse Bazaar