The Barony Young Men and Women's Bible Class picnic at Rouken Glen, 5 July 1902.
Rouken Glen was a popular destination for Glaswegian day trippers. Churches and other religious organisations organised many social events for their members. The opportunity to go on trip and picnics was a major attraction for many people, especially those who could not afford to pay for such treats on their own. The men and women here are dressed in their best clothes, and everyone is wearing a hat of some description!
Glasgow Corporation acquired the Rouken Glen estate in 1906 and laid out the city's largest park there.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Barony Young Men and Womens's Bible Class, bible classes, excursions, hats, parks, picnics, religious education, religious education teachers, Rouken Glen Estate, Rouken Glen Park