A general view of the Glasgow International Exhibition in 1901.
This postcard shows the broad promenade which ran along the north facade of the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum during the exhibition. To the left is a bandstand, and in the distance are the main entrance building and pavilions. In the foreground to the right is a refreshment room.
The International Exhibition of 1901 was a great success with approximately 11 million visitors during the six months it was open.
Reproduced with the permission of Robert James
art galleries, bandstands, exhibitions, International Exhibition, 1901, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Kelvingrove Park, museums, parks, pavilions, postcards, refreshment rooms