A view of the Albion Motor Car Co works in Scotstoun, 1914.
Albion Motor Car Co moved to these purpose-built premises in 1903. A decade later the company employed over 450 staff (there had been just seven in 1900), and was producing more than 500 vehicles a year. Just before the First World War, Albion began to concentrate on the production of buses and lorries. Between 1914 and 1918 the firm built 6,000 A10 lorries.
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Glasgow Museums
Albion Motor Car Co, buses, factories, First World War, lorries, motor cars, offices