Frederick Street United Presbyterian Church, 1875.
St David's Free Church originated in 1843 when the minister of the Ramshorn Kirk "came out" of the Church of Scotland with part of his congregation. The dissenters met at the Assembly Hall in Ingram Street until their new church in Frederick Street opened in 1844.
In 1864 the Free Church congregation left Frederick Street to occupy an old church building in West Regent Street. The Frederick Street building seems to have been occupied in 1866 by an offshoot of the Canon Street United Presbyterian (Mission) congregation, formed in 1862.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK
Glasgow University Library
Canon Street United Presbyterian Church, Frederick Street United Presbyterian Church, mission churches, Ramshorn Kirk, St David's Free Church, St David's Parish Church