Rutherglen United Presbyterian Church in King Street, 1875. Rutherglen was in the Glasgow Presbytery.
The Rutherglen Relief congregation was formed in 1834 and the following year built a church in King Street. On the union of 1900 the name was changed to Rutherglen North United Free, and twelve years later the congregation moved to a new church in Stonelaw Road at Dryburgh Avenue in the burgh, and the name became Rutherglen Stonelaw.
Reference: Glasgow University Library, Theology SK 100 AIK