Edwin Law's view of Charing Cross looking east along Sauchiehall Street, showing (on the left) the Grand Hotel. The distinctive Charing Cross Mansions (1889-1891) by J J Burnet of the architects Burnet, Son & Campbell are in the distance, on the far side of the cross. The design of this ornate block of tenement flats owes a great debt to the Hotel de Ville in Paris.
Reference: Glasgow University Library Special Collections, e189
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
Beaux Arts, Charing Cross Mansions, etchings, Grand Hotel, hotels, tenements