The north facade of Church Street Primary School in Partick, 1970s. This school was designed by Bruce & Hay for the Govan Parish School Board and opened in 1903. A swimming pool and workshops were added at the rear, on Torness Street, in 1904.
The school was built on the original site of Partick Academy. At the beginning of the 21st century it is occupied by Glasgow City Council's Social Services Department.
Reference: D-ED 5/29/3/68
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Bruce & Hay, children, Church Street Primary School, Church Street Public School, Govan Parish School Board, Partick Academy, primary schools, Social Services, swimming pools