A postcard view of the Springvale Golf Works at 73 Cowlairs Road, looking west, 1907. Women workers are leaving the golf works (on the left) which were built in 1904-1906 for the oil manufacturers and refiners and golf ball manufacturers Hutcheson, Main & Co. In the distance are the huge Cowlairs works of the North British Railway Co. The platform of Cowlairs Station can just be seen to the left of the railway bridge at the end of the road.
Reference: Mitchell Library GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
Cowlairs Station, golf, golf ball manufacturers, golf balls, Hutcheson, Main & Company, North British Railway Co, oil refiners, postcards, railway bridges, railway stations, Springvale Golf Works, Springvale Mills