A postcard view of Whiteinch Town Hall which was built in 1894 on Inchlee Street. Whiteinch was part of the Burgh of Partick, which was annexed by Glasgow in 1912. Victoria Park Drive is on the right, between the hall and Victoria Park. To the left, out of view, are police and fire stations.
The building's design is heavily influenced by church architecture. The east facade is dominated by a large window, and twin towers guard the main entrance below.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC Postcards
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
children, halls, municipal buildings, postcards, towers, Victoria Park, Whiteinch Burgh Halls, Whiteinch Town Hall, windows