As in 1888, the site for the Glasgow International Exhibition of 1901 was Kelvingrove Park. Designs submitted by Charles Rennie Mackintosh were overlooked in favour of those of James Miller, whose winning theme was described as Spanish Renaissance.
Once again, the more formal parts of the exhibition were on the left bank of the River Kelvin. The Machinery Hall, Art Gallery and Museum, and Industrial Hall were linked together by a covered walkway, known as the "Grand Avenue". The amusements and other attractions were situated on the right bank.
Reference: Mitchell Library, GC 606.4 (1901)
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries and Archives
art galleries, exhibitions, Grand Avenue, Industrial Hall, International Exhibition, 1901, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Kelvingrove Park, maps, museums, plans, River Kelvin, Spanish Renaissance