J Fleming's View of Govan from the East, engraved by Joseph Swan in 1830.
Doomster Hill can be seen at the left of the picture, partly obscuring the view of a building behind (perhaps Hillock House?). Water Row and Govan Old Parish Church's steeple are to the left of the centre, and the chain-hauled horse and cart ferry is on the slipway opposite Water Row, at Pointhouse. Morris Pollok's five-storey silk works can be seen further down-river.
Reference: MUADDQ42 (Govan F-1)
Glasgow University Library, Special Collections
church steeples, coracles, Doomster Hill, ferries, Govan Ferry, Govan Old Parish Church, Govan Silk Works, Hillock House, River Clyde, sailing boats, silk factories, silk mills