The ferry landing at Finnieston from the roof of the North Rotunda, looking south to Mavisbank Quay, 1889. There are two passenger ferries in mid-stream.
The Finnieston Ferry was introduced in 1846 and rowing boats were replaced by steam boats in 1868. The first adjustable-deck vehicular ferry on the River Clyde was introduced on the route in 1890.
Reference: T-CN 19-378-001
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Council, Libraries Information and Learning
ferry slipways, Finnieston Ferry, Glasgow Harbour, passenger ferries, River Clyde