The White Horse bonded warehouse on Borron Street in Port Dundas, 1920s.
White Horse Distillers was the name adopted in 1924 by the Glasgow company previously known as Mackie & Co, Distillers. The firm built its vast red-brick bonded warehouse at Borron Street in the 1897 and the firm's most famous brand of blended Scotch whisky, White Horse, was blended and bottled there. White Horse Distillers became a subsidiary of the Distillers Co Ltd (DCL) in 1927.
Reference: Diageo Archive
Reproduced with the kind permission of the Diageo Archive
bonded warehouses, DCL, Distillers Co Ltd, Forth and Clyde Canal, Mackie & Co, Distillers, railway wagons, Scotch whisky, White Horse Distillers