Hogback gravestone in the cemetery at Govan Old Parish Church, c 1900.
The carved hogback stones were created around the 10th century to cover the graves of prominent men or women in the important British settlement in the Govan and Partick area. In 2004 the five surviving hogbacks are held in the church and can be viewed by visitors.
Reference: Photo B12
Reproduced with the permission of Glasgow City Archives
cemeteries, Govan Old Parish Church, grave stones, gravestones, graveyards, hogback gravestones, hogbacks