An unidentified ward at Glasgow Royal Infirmary during or shortly after the First World War.
The man to the left of centre is John Henderson, a visiting physician at the Royal between 1913 and 1937. He became an honorary consulting physician at the infirmary from 1937. The man on the right is probably a house physician.
Reference: RCPSG 28/42
Reproduced with the permission of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Glasgow Royal Infirmary, hospital wards, house physicians, infirmaries, nurses, physicians, voluntary hospitals, women