A photograph of Andrew James Hutton taken at the Étaples near Boulogne in 1918. A vast Allied military camp and hospital was established at Étaples during the First World War and many British doctors served there.
Hutton was a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. He became a plastic surgeon and worked at the Western Infirmary and Canniesburn Hospital. The nurses are (right) a Red Cross Auxiliary and (left) one from Queen Alexandra's Royal Naval Nursing Service. Many nurses from Glasgow served with the military nursing services during the war.
Reference: RCPSG 64/4/3
Reproduced with the permission of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow