The Mackintosh Library at Glasgow School of Art.
The School of Art was designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh (1868-1928). The library is located in the west wing of the building which was built 1907-1909, during the second phase of construction. It is the most dramatic of the interiors designed by Mackintosh for the School of Art, having a distinctive decorated balcony and striking central cluster of electric lights. It has been described as "one of the finest rooms in Glasgow". The magazine rack in the centre was added in 1909.
The Mackintosh Library currently houses the School of Art's reference collection of historic periodicals, journals and books.
Reproduced with the permission of Greater Glasgow and Clyde Valley Tourist Board
architecture, Art Nouveau, chairs, desks, furnishings, furniture, Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow Style, interior design, interiors, libraries, Mackintosh Library