Titwood c 1830.
Titwood Farm was in Pollokshields, near the point at which Shields Road crosses Newark Drive. In the 1830s the area was farmland. The painting depicts two men accompanied by a small dog, walking across fields towards the farm. A scrap has been pasted onto the bottom corner, right.
This watercolour is one of a series made by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. The paintings show buildings and views on the Pollok Estate, owned by the Maxwells.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
cows, dogs, farms, fields, landscapes, Pollok Estate, Titwood Farm, watercolours