The Mains of Cathcart c 1830.
This watercolour was painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family and is one of a series showing views and buildings on the Pollok Estate. Here the artist shows the road leading to Cathcart from the northeast. The farm buildings at Mains of Cathcart are to the right and Cathcart Castle is in the distance, left of centre.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
castles, Cathcart Castle, farms, horses, landscapes, Mains of Cathcart Farm, Pollok Estate, roads, watercolours