Honey Mugs Farm c 1830.
The farm stood between Howford Bridge and the spot at which the White Cart Water and the Levern Water meet, probably near Crookston Road. The farm buildings are shown here with the ruins of Crookston Castle in the distance, centre.
This watercolour was painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. It is one of a series which depict buildings and landscapes on the Pollok Estate, owned by the Maxwells.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
castles, Crookston Castle, farmhouses, farms, Honey Mugs Farm, landscapes, Pollok Estate, ruins, watercolours