East Cowglen Farm c 1830.
The farm was situated on a small hill off the Barrhead Road, probably where Broompark farm is today. The ruin in the distance appears to be Crookston Castle.
This watercolour was painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. It is one of a series showing buildings and views on the Pollok Estate.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
castles, farmhouses, farms, landscapes, Pollok Estate, ruins, watercolours