Causeway Head Farm c 1830. The Maxwell family acquired the farm in 1735, when it was called Cassiehead. The road on the left apparently leads south past the farm buildings to the ruins of Cathcart Castle.
This watercolour is one of a series painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. The paintings show buildings and scenery on the Pollok Estate.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
Cassiehead Farm, castles, Cathcart Castle, Causeway Head Farm, farmhouses, farms, fields, horses, landscapes, Pollok Estate, ruins, watercolours