The Byres c 1830.
Byres Farm was located close to the White Cart Water near the spot where Linthaugh Road meets Braidcraft Road today. This view seems to look across the White Cart Water from the slopes of Corker Hill. The farm can be seen in the distance to the left, while to the right are the ruins of Crookston Castle.
This watercolour was painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. It is one of a series showing buildings and landscapes on the Pollok Estate.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
castles, churches, Crookston Castle, farmhouses, farms, landscapes, Pollok Estate, River Cart, spires, watercolours, White Cart Water