Kennishead Farm c 1830.
There is a bridge in the foreground, spanning a stream (perhaps the Auldhouse or Brock Burn). A path winds through fields and past hayricks up to the farm buildings in the distance. In 2003, Kennishead Farm stands at the corner of Boydstone Road and Kennishead Road.
This watercolour was painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. It is one of a series showing buildings and landscapes on the Pollok Estate, which was owned by the Maxwells.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
Auldhouse Burn, bridges, farmhouses, farms, hayricks, horses, Kennishead Farm, landscapes, Pollok Estate, roads, watercolours