Arden Head c 1830.
Arden Head Farm (or Ardenhead as it was called on the Ordnance Survey map for 1863) was located near what is now Kyleakin Terrace in Arden. This painting shows the farm buildings, situated on a low raise, surrounded by fields. The pheasant in the left hand corner is a scrap pasted onto the painting at a later date.
The watercolour was painted by an unknown artist working for the Maxwell family. It is one of a series which show buildings and landscapes on the Pollok Estate owned by the Maxwells.
Reproduced with the permission of the National Trust for Scotland
Arden Head Farm, Ardenhead Farm, farmhouses, farms, fields, landscapes, pheasants, Pollok Estate, scraps, watercolours